mandag den 1. oktober 2012

Sneaking Seattle


The last couple of days have been a blur. I really don't know what I have been doing besides I keep on postponing my date with my suitcase... Don't get me wrong though, my suitcase is quite nice, it's just not very attractive at the moment - and especially not when my mind is forced to be filled with the 5 assignments I have to finish before I am sort of able to get to the point, where I'm supposed to be now - ready to leave... Well, I guess my major problem is that I haven't even realized that there is less than 23 hours till that departure - the departure everyone around me is talking about constantly! 
And why is it  that packing is the first thing everyone is interested in knowing how goes...? :o Well, my mom warned me about this and she has been a bit stressed on my behalf since the weekend... That's understandable though - gonna be exciting to see whether I make it or not... 

Lately I have been playing a bit with the definition of being dumb. Cause firstly I don't really get that I'm about to leave my life here in favor of an American lifestyle that can be anything in between big... and just... BIG... I haven't even considered the fact that I might end up in a place where sport is not a word in their dictionary...! And then secondly, as I am so puzzled, I have not been paying too much attention to all that kind of information that is quite important  - and this means, great as I am, that I feel that I don't know anything about the whole trip but that fact that we're going to a place called ED college.... So although EVERYONE around try to fill me with useful information, I do not cope with it - that must be characterized as being dumb, right...?

I should let you know though that I have just received my host family. As far as I know I'm going to live with a single mom and her to kids - one that has just turned 20 and supposed to be an elite-swimming guy, and another girl that's around 22. From what I can tell from the host letter, it seems like they are a quite active family that goes skiing and camping a lot..   


AND the last couple of days have been filled with attempts to relax - no one is able to concentrate anymore, which you probably see from this... 

Benjamin and Niron in their ace... 

And other people are just getting too nervous about leaving... 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar